Guide to taking payments in the field
Take payments anywhere in just seconds
This step-by-step guide will help you perform in-field payments. If you have not set up the prerequisites to performing in-field payments, please follow the guide here and complete the following steps.
- In Field Payments will NOT work for NEW customers, customers must be matched and linked previously for the invoice to generate into Spenda.
How to PERFORM payments in the field.
- Once the service technician has completed a job, click on the GPS Insight app and open up the Work Order. Once you have filled in all the necessary fields as per your business operations (e.g. notes, “To Dos”, photos), click on General and change the status to Completed. This is necessary for the job to be invoiced.
- Click Yes to complete. You will then be prompted to capture a signature if there is no signature present on the account. If a signature is required, select no, capture the signature and then change status to complete again. If a signature is not required, select yes.
- It will now prompt you to choose if a follow up is required. If yes, select follow up needed. If there’s no follow up required, select no.
- Make your way to the Spenda POS app.
- Go to Take Payments, select the Pick Customer tab and search the customer you’ve completed the job for. Once you’re on the Take Payment screen, click on “Get sales'' and select “GPS Insight” to pull the invoice from. This may take a moment to process.
- Click on the invoice.
- Click on Virtual Terminal and enter their card details and click Pay.
- Select the appropriate receipt option.
- Wait for the payment to process.
- Congratulations, you’re all done!
Spenda > Accounts Receivable Management > Supplier How to Guide > How to use Spenda’s Accounts Receivable Management feature
What is Accounts Receivable Management and how to use it as a Supplier Spenda’s Accounts Receivable Management solution is an online portal that allows you as a supplier to access your outstanding debtors and invoices in one simple user interface. ...
In Fields Payment Set Up Guide
In-field Payments In Field Payments allows you to take payments whilst on the go. Perfect for when servicing a customer and they wish to pay straight away. Prerequisites: Service Technicians must have “Complete Service Jobs” option toggled ON in GPS ...
How to Make Split Payments
Split payments gives you the option to partially pay an invoice, or use multiple payment methods, i.e. multiple credit cards or a combination of direct debit and credit. Click on the invoice you would like to make a partial payment on. Click on the ...
How to View Your Past Payments
To view a list of all your past payments, click on the ‘Credits/Payments’ button located in the menu bar on the left hand side of your dashboard. To view the details of any particular paid invoice, simply copy and paste the payment reference number ...
How to Close Your Shift/Balance Payments with 1 EFT Terminal
Closing Your Shift/ Balancing Payments with 1 EFT Terminal Now that you’ve reached the end of the day, you’ll be closing your shop and calculating the EOD for both POS lanes with 1 EFT Terminal Please follow the below process once you’ve reached your ...