How to create a purchase order
Purchase on the go with a portable ordering system
This how-to guide will take you through the step-by-step process of raising a purchase order with your supplier in a few easy steps.
- Open up your Spenda POS app and click on Purchasing.
- Select “Create A New Purchase” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Enter a reason for the purchase order (eg: restock).
- Select which products you wish to purchase (scroll down or search using the search function above the tiles). If this is the first time you are attempting to purchase this item, you will see "Supplier Not Set" above the product. You will need to set the supplier before moving on. If your supplier is already set for your products, please skip to point 8.
- Ensure you click on the products you wish to set a supplier for. This can be done by tapping on the white circle next to each product or if you wish to select all products, tap "All" next to "Supplier Not Set". Then click onto Suppliers.
- Your suppliers will now appear. Select the appropriate one, search, or create new.
- You will now see your Suppliers name populating above the product. This product is now set under this supplier, unless it is reassigned.
- Once you have added a product to your purchase order, you can edit the quantity by clicking onto the product line. The QTY edit screen will appear, select the QTY you want to buy. You can also remove an item via the "Void Item" button. Tap outside of the QTY window to return back to the Purchase Order builder.
- Once you have added all the required products, click "Approve" to automatically create the Purchase Order or click "Assign to" if you require an administrator to sign off before approving the order. These buttons are located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the purchase order has been approved, it will appear under your "Processed Purchases" ready to be sent to the supplier.
Click on the button "Not Sent" to bring up the Purchase Order. From here, you can cancel it or if you're happy to proceed, click "Send". This will bring up your supplier's email and allow you to add a BCC if you wish to receive a copy for your own team. When you’re ready, click “Send”.
- Your supplier will then receive your purchase order via email. You will receive a confirmation when your order has been approved or rejected.
- Congratulations, you’re all done!
How To Raise Requisitions and Purchase Orders in Spenda
How To Raise Requisitions and Purchase Orders in Spenda To use purchasing within Spenda, your Synkd account must have the SpendaBUY module activated Requisition To raise a Requisition and a Purchase Order, Open Spenda and select SpendaBuy Select ...
How to Receive Purchase Orders in SpendaBuy
How to Receive Purchase Orders in SpendaBuy Once an order has been received from a supplier. It will need to be entered into Spenda app to increase the stock on hand counts. 1. Navigate to the Spenda home page and select Receive. 2. You will see ...
Create Multiple Purchase Orders in One Process
Create Multiple Purchase Orders in One Process Feature: With the Purchasing Module of Spenda POS, you're able to create purchase orders across multiple suppliers in one process. To do this, please follow these steps: 1. Log into Spenda POS > ...
Additional Information on Procurement Process (Internal)
Purchasing Module - 1. You will raise a Requisition, from this requisition you are able to send to an admin for approval via "Assign to" or "Approve" the Requisition straight away. After approval you can create the Purchase order. The Purchase Order ...
How To Create A Supplier Invoice In SpendaPOS
How To Create A Supplier Invoice In SpendaPOS To raise a Supplier Invoice in Spenda, navigate to the Spenda home page and select Supplier Invoice. There are two main ways to create supplier invoices in SpendaPOS. 1. You can create them by starting a ...