Create a Departmental Posting Item
Departmental Posting can be used for the following purpose;
Multiple items within Synkd can be allocated into a Product Class in your financial system. This will aggregate revenue increases as a group total.
Keep in mind the above will not allow you to keep SOH tracking within financials. If you wish to track your inventory, you will need to use Synkd's Warehousing features.
A departmental item allows you to filter products into a single posting item within your financials.
To create a departmental item, please do the following; ==> Instructional video also included below for easy reference
1. Begin by creating a standard product.
2. Then create a product class that posts directly to financials titled "Departmental Posting Items"
3. Next assign your newly created product to the "Departmental Posting Item" class. This will post the product directly into financials.
4. Now create a new product class and give it a name. i.e Accessories
5. in your new product class, choose the option "Post product using a departmental item" and assign your newly created departmental item
6. Now all products assigned to this class will filter into your departmental item.