How to set up Two-Step Authentication
The purpose of Two-Step Authentication (2SA) is to improve the security of your account, and is a common method of confirming a user's identity using a combination of two different components. Please note that setting up 2SA on your account is optional.
In our case, you will need your username and password to sign in as the first step and a one-time valid, six-digit passcode as the second step. The passcode can either be generated with the use of an authenticator app installed on a mobile device or by receiving a text message containing the passcode.
- When logging into Spenda, you will be prompted to secure your account with 2SA. You can choose to either receive your code via ‘TXT Me A Code’ or ‘Use Authenticator App’.
- Click on ‘TXT Me a Code’ You will be prompted to a new screen, where you can now enter your preferred mobile number. Please note, this mobile number will receive the security codes in the future to enable log in.
- Once you have entered your mobile number, you will receive a text message with a 6-digit code. Please enter the code in the field specified.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
2SA is now successfully enabled for your Spenda Account. Click on ‘Disable’ or ‘Remove all trusted devices’ if you wish to remove the mobile number given and connect a new mobile number.
If you would like to set up a second method on a different device you can click on ‘Setup’ under Use an Authenticator App. Alternatively, choose to set up 2SA using the Authenticator App as the primary option.
- Click ‘Done’.
Use an Authenticator App:
- Click on ‘Setup’ under Use an Authenticator App or ‘Use Authenticator App’ in the original 2SA ‘Secure Your Account’ screen.
- You will now be prompted to a new screen where you can scan a QR code.
Please note - You will need an Authenticator app to do this. To download an app, go to your mobile’s app store, search for “authenticator app” and download either Authy, Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator.
- Once you have scanned the QR code, a one-off security code will be generated. Type in the code within the field specified on the screen.
Please note - If you have trouble scanning the QR code, click ‘Can't scan the code?’ and enter the given code manually into the app.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
You’re all done! If you would like to edit any of the 2SA settings or disable an existing device, click the user profile icon in the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Setup Two Step Auth’.
In Fields Payment Set Up Guide
In-field Payments In Field Payments allows you to take payments whilst on the go. Perfect for when servicing a customer and they wish to pay straight away. Prerequisites: Service Technicians must have “Complete Service Jobs” option toggled ON in GPS ...
How to set up your products for Automatic SOH suggestions
The following prerequisites are required to be able to use the Automatic Purchasing Suggestions feature. Products must exist within your warehouse. Products must have an opening balance in your warehouse. Products must have a MIN/MAX value set on ...
How to change Auto-Pay method for Buy now-pay later in Spenda
Step 1. Select the "Payment Options" section, while connected to "Spenda Invigo Pay Later" Step 2. Select the edit button in the bottom left corner of the payment option you would like to have as the Auto-Pay account. Step 3. Select the button to the ...
How to add merchant surcharge in Synkd
1. Login into Synkd account > Go to Connect Screen > Select the Settings cog on top left > Select Payments (Shown here in red box) 2. Add the Payment method, clearing account and surcharge values (step 1) .Then select the Add button on right side ...
(UPDATED) Connecting Ingenico MOVE/5000 to a Spenda terminal
To connect the Ingenico Move/5000 terminal to your Spenda iPad terminal, please follow these instructions in order. Please note; no other EFTPOS terminal will correctly connect to Spenda at this time. Precheck: Check both iPad iOS and Spenda app are ...